You may have noticed the website is looking a bit different. It was time for a change!
When I designed my branding as part of the 'professional practice' module in my final year of university I was really conscious to take on board my tutors' advice. The main mantra was to keep your branding clean and sophisticated, and not to overcomplicate it. I was also advised a few times during creative modules that I had a tendency to make my artwork very busy, so when it came to my branding I was determined to keep it simple. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my branding and my tutors were 100% right. However, I think when I applied my branding to the website it became too simple. Looking at my website now I just feel it was looking a bit boring and needed some pattern to spruce it up.
Enter 'Noboru'! This is one of the prints I designed as part of my final major project at university, the 'Floral Japonaiserie' collection, and was previously in 'quill grey'. This print was thrown together about a week before the deadline as I needed more designs, and I didn't pay it much attention once I had it printed onto fabric ready for submission. That piece of fabric was the backdrop for the rest of my work when I exhibited at New Designers in 2019, so was on show but was mostly hidden, and I didn't look at it again until I needed to revamp my packaging a few months later. When I did revisit it I couldn't believe I hadn't paid more attention to this design, and it's now one of my favourites from that collection. It just goes to show that sometimes not overthinking the design process can produce better results. So I've recoloured the design in my branding colours and added it to the website to give it that something it was missing. I hope you all like the new look!